Iv Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Department of Geography
Post graduate studies (2002-2004); Degree: PhD in Social, Economic and Political Geography
Doctoral Thesis: “Education System and its’ Geographical Features, case study Georgia”
Iv Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Department of Geography and Geology
Specialty: Socio-economic and Political Geography (1987-1992)
2016 - Current
National Center for Teacher Professional Development
Acting Deputy Director
2014 - 2015
National Center For Teacher Professional Development
2011 – 2014
National Center for Teacher Professional Development
2012 – current
State Commission of Reforms in Education and Science
General education group member, expert
2005 – current
UNECE Steering Committee on ESD (Education for Sustainable Development)
Focal Point, Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia
2009 - current
European School, International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
2010 – current
National Center for Teacher Professional Development, online newspaper “mastsavlebeli.ge”
2012 - 2013
UNECE Expert Group on Webinar for Teachers professional Development in Education for Sustainable Development
2009 - 2011
UNECE Expert Group on Competences in Education for Sustainable Development
2002 – current
Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, annual scientific magazine “Geography of Georgia”
2008 - current
International Organization for Migration
National Curriculum and Assessment Center
Expert of geography, head of social sciences group
UNICEF - Disaster Risk Reduction project
National Curriculum and Assessment Center, Newspaper "Dialogue", "Dialogue +"
Editor, project manager
2008 – 2009
British Council; Ministry of Education and Science, project “Living Together» project
Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. School Annual Competition on Group Projects
Teachers Professional Development Center
Expert of Teachers certificate process
2004 – 2006
Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. Education System Realignment and Strengthening Program
Expert of Geography
1998 – 2007
Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Department of Geography of Georgia
Lecturer, scholar secretary
Parliament of Georgia, Speaker's Advisory Board on SD (Sustainable Development)
2001 - 2003
World Bank - Forestry sector development
Adjara, Borjomi, Ambrolauri - Landscape-ecological analysis.
2003 – 2004
REC Caucasus - Compiling of Ecological Dictionary on five Languages of Caucasus Region and English
The State program devoted to anniversary Georgian State and Christianity
Co-author of text book “Geography of Georgia”
Teacher of geography, coordinator of geography teachers
Children’s English Language Magazine I for You & You for Me
2013 - Interactions between National and International Dimensions of Education and Training Policies - Graduate Institute of International and Development (Geneva Switzerland) – Tbilisi, Georgia
2012 - Pestalozzi Tandem workshop on Evaluation of Transversal Attitudes, Skills and Knowledge (TASK) – Estonia, Norway
2011- REC: Course of Black Sea Basin countries for Sustainability - Istanbul, Turkey,
2011- Course for Sustainable Development – Venice, Italy
2010 - UNICEF: disaster risk reduction and related life-skills, Geneva, Switzerland
2008 - European Council workshop «Regional Meeting on the Management of Intercultural Education through Education" (Kiev, December 2008)
2008 - EC: Living together, multicultural education – Leamington, UK
- REC Caucasus Conference, ESD - 2005;
- Implementation of article 6 of the UNFCCC in accordance with Delhi Declaration 2006; Belgrade 6th Ministerial "Environment for Europe" (October 2007);
- 5th Bureau Meeting of UNECE process on ESD (Geneva December 2007);
- 2nd International Conference “Environmental Science and Education in Latvia and Europe” (Riga, Latvia – March 2008);
- Steering Committee meeting of UNECE process on ESD (Geneva March-April 2008);
- European Council Seminar "Intercultural Dialogue" (Tbilisi, October 2008);
- European Council workshop " Regional Meeting on the Management of Intercultural Education through Education" (Kiev, December 2008);
- Caucasus Environnemental NGO Network (CENN) Conference "Climate Change in Georgia – Coordination and Cooperation" (Tbilisi – December 2008).
- Geographic Society International Scientific Conference "Modern Problems of Geography" (Tbilisi – December 2008);
- European Council workshop “Intercultural and interreligious education: developing critical thinking and communication skills across the curriculum” (Tbilisi, February 2009);
- Workshops within the UNECE Expert Group on Competences in Education for Sustainable Development (Sweden, 2010; The Netherlands, 2010; Ireland, 2010; Switzerland, 2011);
- UNICEF Seminar on Disaster Risk Reduction (Switzerland, 2010);
- EU as Global Actor (Lund, Sweden, 2010);
- Expert meetings in Education for Sustainable development (Utrecht, The Netherlands).
more than 50 scientific, studying- methodological publications, articles:
- Textbook “Geography of Georgia” (2000).
- Ecological Explanatory Dictionary on five Languages of Caucasus Region and English (2004).
- National Standards (school curriculum) in social sciences - History, Geography and Civic Studies (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011-2016)
- Teachers professional and subject standards in social sciences (2008).
- Explanatory dictionary for educators (NCAC 2007).
- How to develop thinking skills (NCAC 2007).
- How to prepare successful projects (MES 2007).
- National Curriculum and Assessment Centre, Researches in education, I part(NCAC 2007).
- National Curriculum and Assessment Centre, Researches in education, III part (NCAC 2008).
- Problem based studying (NCAC 2008).
- Guideline for teachers in “Our Georgia”, NCAC, 2011
- Teachers competences in Education for Sustainable Development, Policy paper, UNECE, 2010
- Teaching Disaster Risk Reduction by Interactive Methods, Book for head of classes teachers, UNICEF, 2011 http://www.preventionweb.net/files/22730_22730headteachersguideengncac1.pdf
- Guide to Teachers Professional Development Scheme, TPDC, 2011
- Empowering educators for a sustainable future, Tools for policy and practice workshops on competences in education for sustainable development.
Russian – Fluent
English - Fluent